This math geometry city project will have your students excited and interested for math class!. Your students will become engaged as they form construction companies and then are asked to design a city based on geometry concepts.
Here are some sample requirements:
- The perimeter of your city proposal can be no greater than 156 inches.
- The area of your city cannot measure more than 22 x 56 inches.
- You must include the following types of lines in your city: parallel, perpendicular, and intersecting. You must label the lines with their appropriate names. All your transportation routes must be 1 ½ inches wide.
- You must include the following polygons in your city: trapezoid, rhombus, hexagon, octagon, triangle, rectangle, circle, and square. You must label all shapes in your city. Hint: You can use them any way you wish. They could be decorations on buildings, building faces, or even sidewalk patterns.
- You must include the following angles: right, acute, and obtuse in your city. Label the angles.
- Your city must include at least four solid figures: cube, cylinder, pyramid, rectangular prism, cone, or sphere. One building must be made of two solid figures put together. Another building must have a solid figure cut in half. Label each figure in your city.
- You must include a tessellation in your city somewhere. Label this in your city.
- You must create a body of water in your city. The body of water must have a line of symmetry. Label your body of water “Line of Symmetry”.
- A blueprint (rough draft) must be approved by the Governor (your teacher) before work on your final city begins.
Download our preview for more details!!
Included in this 30-Page Bundle:
★Geometry City Teacher Tips (3-pages)
★Geometry City Student Examples (2-pages)
★Geometry City Student Handout (2-pages)
★Group Responsibilities Handout (1-page)
★Business Card Template (1-page)
★Certificate of Acceptance (1-page)
★Brochure Reminders Handout (1-page)
★Geometry City Design Checklist (1-page)
★Student Reflection Handout (1-page)
★Grading Rubric (1-page)
Vocabulary Prep Activities:
★Student Vocabulary Journal (3-pages)
★Vocabulary Journal Answer Key (3-pages)
★Vocabulary Basketball Activity (7-pages)
★Vocabulary Matching Activity (3-pages)
Common Core Math Standards Covered:
Click on the titles below for more great math activities!
Vacation of a Lifetime Math Unit
Seven Wonders of the World Math Vacation
Design a Zoo
Fractions Decimals Percents Quilt Activity
Multiplication Fact Practice Game
*** How to Follow Our Store ***
Click the green star beside our name at the top of this page OR at the top of our store page. Following us notifies you when we post a new item and you will receive customized email updates about our store.
Visit Our Wise Guys Store
Copyright ©Wise Guys. All rights reserved by author. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clip art and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom or personal use ONLY.
geometry, city, project, activity, angles, shapes, 3D, figures, lines, symmetry, polygons, tessellation