Engage your students in these five basketball activities!
Basketball Challenge Activities
This 2-page resource will have your students competing against each other. Students will keep score as they try to
remember university names, make words, and more.
Basketball Game Board
This 2-page resource will have your students competing against each other. Students will roll the die and advance on the game board. As they advance, they keep score. 15 game cards are also included.
Basketball Geography Challenge
This 2-page resource will have your students choose a college basketball game, write down the university, its nickname, state capital, etc. It will also have your students draw and label locations and physical features on a map provided. Students can also design a vehicle to get from one university to the other (as a crow flies).
Basketball Social Media Profile Activity
This 2-page resource will have your students create a profile page for a favorite basketball team. Students will use the template to create a colorful design that represents their team (logo, jersey colors, or other). Students will be asked to think of two “friends”, some interesting facts about the team, and four events and pictures that relate to the team. These make great bulletin boards when complete!
Basketball Vocabulary Activity
This basketball activity is meant to be a fun way for reviewing key vocabulary words for any topic being taught!
- Vocabulary Basketball Teacher Tips (2-pages
- Vocabulary Basketball Game Board (1-page)
- Vocabulary Template Handout (1-page)
- Choose a subject area and then choose 15 vocabulary words. Write the vocabulary words in the top table of the “Vocabulary Template” handout. Repeat this process to the table on the bottom of the page. Now you have two templates on the page to save on printing.
- Print off enough copies of the “Vocabulary Template” for your students and cut in half.
- Hand out the “Vocabulary Basketball Game Board” and a half-sheet of vocabulary words to each student.
- Have each student write the 15 vocabulary words in the 15 basketballs on the game board. Students should write the words in random order.
- Using one of the half sheets of vocabulary words, cut up the vocabulary words and put them in a “hat”. These words can then be used for the basketball game. You will also want to have the definitions handy for this game.
- Break your class into two groups (or teams).
- For some extra engagement, have each team decide on a name that has something to do with the topic. For example, if the topic is geometry, your students may choose to be called the “Crandon High Triangles”. Write the team names under Home and Visitor on the board.
- Flip a coin to determine which team is the Home and Visitor Team.
- Your class is now ready to Shoot Hoops!!
Students will then use their game board to compete against each other. Watch them as they shoot a 3-pointer and play defense.
Click on a product for more detail!
Copyright ©Wise Guys. All rights reserved by author. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clip art and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom or personal use ONLY.