Purpose of Activity:
It’s important that students feel valued and have a strong sense that they belong. The purpose of this activity is for your students to introduce themselves to you and their classmates. Students will type in responses to their favorite book, color, food, subjects, etc. They will also share about their families and a goal they have for the year. This product is digital but is also provided for you in paper form.
Included in this Resource:
– Resource Link and Tips (1-page)
– “This Is Me” handout (1-page; PDF)
– “This Is Me” file (1-page; Digital)
Why use this digital resource:
– This resource is paperless, but it could also be printed.
– Your students will work directly on the digital documents.
– It’s a way to integrate technology into instruction.
– Students are highly engaged in their work.
– This resource is easily accessible using Google Drive™.
1. First off, if you haven’t created a free Google account, you will need to do that before downloading this digital resource. Each student will also need their own account.
2. Download the resource from Google Slides. When you click on the link, you will come to a screen that says “Copy document”. In order to transfer this file to your own Google Drive™ account, click the blue button that says “Make a copy”. Note: If you have several Google Drive accounts with multiple email addresses, make sure you take note which email address is selected in the top right corner of the screen so you can easily find the file in the future.
– To help build a positive and inviting classroom community, you may find it helpful for your students to fill one out for yourself and share it with them.
– Students will type in their responses in the text boxes provided. It is up to you whether or not you want them to change the font and color.
– Have students share one or two things about themselves when they are done.
– Print out your students’ responses and display around the classroom or bind them together to make a “This Is Me” class community book.
Since this product utilizes free web and app resources, there may be rare times that the technology does not work as planned, which may be out of our control. Please be sure to message us in the Q&A section so we can assist you before leaving feedback.
Google and Google Apps are trademarks of Google Inc. © 2015 Google Inc. All rights reserved. Wise Guys are not affiliated with and have not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Google Inc.