The purpose of this activity is to engage your students as they review parts of speech, specifically ACTION verbs. Students will use their flip cards and then record their answers to determine what kind of “Action Verb Detective” they are. Note: The answer key provided is accurate to the best of our understanding. There may be a few tricky answers to a couple of the sentences. Included with this resource is an editable answer key.
They are called “Flip Cards” because they are meant to be bound together with a metal ring and “flipped” through.
Included in Resource:
- 25 Action Verb Flip Cards (3-pages)
- Student Recording Sheet (1-page)
- Flip Card Answer Key (1-page)
- Editable Flip Card Answer Key (Word Document; 1-page)
Suggestions for Use:
- Stations/Centers- These flip cards can be used as a station or learning center.
- Group Challenge- Use these flip cards as a challenge to a smaller group of students.
- Class Challenge- These cards can also be used in front of the entire class.
Copyright ©Wise Guys. All rights reserved by author. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clip art and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom or personal use ONLY.